As the nation continues to record over 5,000 new Covid-19 cases on a daily basis, please be informed the Malaysian government is extending the current Nationwide Total Lockdown until 28 June 2021.
During this period, all sectors are not allowed to operate except 17 essential economic and service sectors announced by the National Security Council / Majlis Keselamatan Negara (MKN).
Based on the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)’s SOPs for Higher Education Institutions on 31 May 2021, please be informed that all IMU Campuses will continue to be physically closed during this period or until further updates from the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) / MKN and governing authorities. As such, please note the followings:
- Please be informed that all online Teaching and Learning activities will continue as per schedule. There are no changes unless updated by your respective Schools. Face-to-Face teaching and learning activities will be suspended temporarily.
- For Students:
- Please refer to your respective Schools for the latest updates. You may also refer to the Student Portal or Student Services Hub for more information.
- Should you have any concerns pertaining to your academic matters, please reach out to your respective School’s Programme Director.
- For Staff: Please refer to your Head of Departments on work arrangements. All departments and personnel must be contactable via online during operational hours.
- Essential operations which are in compliance with the Total Lockdown directives are ongoing and you are to observe strict SOPs at all times.
- Interstate and inter-district travels are still not allowed.
- Travels for your Covid-19 vaccination is permitted. Please adhere to the SOPs by MKN.
- Staff who are required to be on campus for essential operations are to ensure you obtain the MOHE Letter of Authorisation (effective 8 June 2021) from your HOD to travel to your respective work locations.
- It is also important that you have downloaded the MySejahtera app and have registered for your Covid-19 vaccination.
- The IMU Healthcare will continue to provide essential services. For updates, please refer to FB: IMUHealthcare
Should you require any further assistance during this period, please do not hesitate to email:
- For teaching & learning: please refer to your respective Programme Directors
- For e-learning: [email protected]
- For any other student matters: Student Services Hub ([email protected] / call +603 2731 7708)
- For staff: please refer to your Head of Departments
- For your mental wellbeing: IMU Students please reach out to our counsellors via the IMU 24/7 Mental Health Hotline at Call / WhatsApp: +6012 – 431 1562
BE VIGILANT AND PRACTISE THE 3Cs AND 3Ws
Let’s all do our part to curb the spread of Covid-19 in order to keep your loved ones and ourselves safe and healthy. Hence, it is important that everyone continues to be vigilant and practise the following:-
- Stay at home – please minimise your movement during this period and adhere to the government’s SOPs.
- Wear a face mask – please ensure you wear a face mask properly when you are out in public areas
- Good hand hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water (20 seconds) or use hand sanitisers regularly. Do not touch your face (eyes/nose/mouth) if your hands are not cleaned or sanitised
- Physical distancing – keep at least 1 metre from other people. Avoid crowded or confined areas and close conversations
- Respiratory etiquette – cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately discard it in the bin and wash / sanitise your hands
- If you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, etc, please seek medical treatment, wear a mask and stay at home! Please update your Programme Director (for students) / Head of Department (for staff) and rest and recover.
- If you are identified as a positive Covid-19 patient OR a close contact, please immediately self-isolate and inform your Dean/Associate Dean/ Programme Director/Mentor (for students) or Head of Department (for staff) for further actions.
Please check your emails regularly for the latest advisories to ensure your journey with us continues smoothly with minimal disruptions in this dynamic situation.
Thank you for your kind cooperation. Let’s all do our part and be socially responsible. Stay Safe and Healthy!