In efforts to create a safe community within Higher Learning Institutions, the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) has announced on 14 September 2021 that ONLY students and staff who are fully vaccinated and have fulfilled the period of effectiveness after vaccination are allowed to enter the campus effective 15 October 2021 onwards.
As we prepare to welcome you back on campus starting 15 October 2021, the University has put in place a set of health and safety SOPs. Please stay connected with the University for the latest updates.
Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) systems have also been procured and are being installed in our ventilation system in phases. Designed with a high safety margin of 99% disinfection levels, this will significantly improve air quality within the campuses. As we continue to prioritise a healthy and safe learning environment, it is equally important that you continue to safeguard yourself and your friends / colleagues by practising the IMU Groups’ SOPs while on campus and within the community.
In the meantime, should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to email:
- For teaching & learning: please refer to your respective Programme Directors
- For e-learning: [email protected]
- For any other student matters: Student Services Hub ([email protected] / call +603 2731 7708)
- For staff: please refer to your Head of Departments
- For your mental wellbeing: IMU Students please reach out to our counsellors via the IMU 24/7 Mental Health Hotline at Call / WhatsApp: +6012 – 431 1562
The IMU Healthcare will continue to provide essential services. For updates, please refer to FB: IMUHealthcare
BE VIGILANT AND PRACTISE THE 3Cs AND 3Ws
Let’s all do our part to curb the spread of Covid-19 in order to keep your loved ones and ourselves safe and healthy. Hence, it is important that everyone continues to be vigilant and practise the following:-
- Stay at home – please minimise your movement during this period and adhere to the government’s SOPs.
- Wear face mask – please ensure you wear a face mask properly when you are in campus or out in public areas
- Good hand hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water (20 seconds) or use hand sanitisers regularly. Do not touch your face (eyes/nose/mouth) if you have not cleaned or sanitised your hands.
- Physical distancing – keep at least 1 metre from other people. Avoid crowded or confined areas and close conversations
- Good ventilation – ensure the room that you are in is well ventilated
- Respiratory etiquette – cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and to immediately discard it in the bin and wash / sanitise your hands
- If you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, etc, please seek medical treatment, wear a mask and stay at home! Please update your Programme Director (for students) / Head of Department (for staff) and rest and recover.
- If you are identified as a positive Covid-19 patient OR a close contact, please immediately self-isolate and inform your Dean/Associate Dean/ Programme Director/Mentor (for students) or Head of Department (for staff) for further actions.
- Get vaccinated – minimise your risk of Covid-19 infections and the spread of this virus
Please check your emails regularly for the latest advisories to ensure your journey with us continues smoothly with minimal disruptions in this dynamic situation.
Thank you for your kind cooperation. Let’s all do our part and be socially responsible. Stay Safe and Healthy!